Targa 17 combo?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA Chris

Reaction score
I own an old TX17 that does the trick but the family is getting larger (Me and the Mrs and 3 little guys) and I am leaning toward the T-17 combo for a compromise. I figure it's safer for the kids, I can still fish, and we could also ski, tube etc. I also would like to run it in the Chesepeake once in a while. Does anybody have any experience with this boat? Comments?

I have the Targa V17 and it has plenty of room, I have seen the combo and it appears to be well setup for handling both skiing & fishing. I bigger the engine you put on it the happier you will be. Good luck!

i had a tx-17,and traded up to a magna/targa19.dual console,the fish/ski combo.it is the older model,with the high transom splash rail,which i like.the newer ones i dont like,no place to mount downriggers and such.

the problems i had was a few rivets leaked and 1 dissapeared.they cut and welded the hull where the rivet was.i think the targas were riveted,and some of them were welded.the only thing i dont like is the cut down transom splash rail,mine is full height and like it that way.

Essox, There is a riveted Targa 17 combo that is more of a fish and ski. That construction is more like Magna's boat but not as deep. There is also the Targa 17 welded, which you can get a walk through windshield for. It is much deeper than the combo and I think would make for a better all fishing rig. The welded one is the one you would probably like best.

Have fun shopping both of you,

Mike

Latest posts

Back