Talon or Raptor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idriller

Reaction score
Thinking of putting one or the other. Since all my electronics are HBs, with these they would all network together. Looking for opinions.
Thanks

Idriller,
I'm a long time follower of KVD. I see that his Z-21 boat walk through, on You Tube, includes a discussion about the Raptors he has installed on his new boat.
I've been wondering how much the new spot lock technology has negated the consideration of the stake options?

I'll be interested in the feed back that you get on this topic...

Idriller,
I'm a long time follower of KVD. I see that his Z-21 boat walk through, on You Tube, includes a discussion about the Raptors he has installed on his new boat.
I've been wondering how much the new spot lock technology has negated the consideration of the stake options?

I'll be interested in the feed back that you get on this topic...
a friend told me he really using them a lot when he’s sight fishing in shallow water as the trailing motor kicks up mud using the spot lock.

As can be seen on my Z20, I have a one boat system, Humminbird and the Minn Kota Ultrex trolling motor and the 2 - 10' Talon's complete's the system. I once watched a YouTube video on Talon's vs Power Poles which the Raptors are close to in function. In the video the demonstrator deployed the power poles and twisted them anyway he wanted. I thought to myself how stable could those be if your able to twist and bend them around like he did. Talon's have no flexibility like the power poles which I believe makes them more secure when deployed. Secondly the Talons deploy straight down rather than extending out so for that reason I find the Talons makes my boat more compact when anchored. Next are the LED blue and clear lights at the top of the Talons they add needed light in the rear deck area, the blue also compliments the under counsel and forward deck LED lighting I have. Thirdly and probably the most import thing is I have put tilt plates on my Talon brackets so I can lay these Talons down when I garage it. I have never used the Raptors and have only be exposed to others using Power Poles but I have seen enough to convince myself Talons are best for me.

Next question. Are the foot pedal controls needed since I have the ultrex with I pilot and HB graphs that can deploy them?

I think the foot pedal is a personal preference, I have 4 individual remotes with lanyards also the Ultrex comes with the I-Pilot and a large remote which I rarely use.

Went with the ten foot talons. Planning on taking a trip to Toledo bend next and trying them out.
7E9DDDD4-979B-4C0E-8D56-E41659862362.jpeg

Well my boat performed well in rough water while crossing over to the Texas side. Learned a valuable lesson on loading the boat in high winds. Make sure the fenders are visible. The bite was slow I think due to the water level being down close to 3’ but we were able to catch few nice fish that were getting ready to move into the shallows to spawn. Hopefully conditions will be better next month for the LOBI tournament. Also the Talons make life easier in shallow water.

Idriller,

Good luck with the event there! Thanks for the follow up on fishing there.
I'll be fishing in the Sealy BIg Bass Splash in May. My partnere and I have managed to catch a couple of six puunder each, two years running.
Last year they moved the event date to July due to COVID. We couldn't ger a big bite. This year it's back to May so we looking to catch a big one or two.

Latest posts

Back