Taller Seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Scully

Reaction score
I need to raise my (2) captains seats. they are mounted almost to the deck, they do swivel and slide, but feels like my knees are up against my chin. Not only that but my 74 yr. old knees have a hard time getting up. Almost have to roll out of the seats to all 4's then grab the dash to help in standing up. Help

And you should watch me trying to get out of the water on that little 2 step boarding ladder. I really expect to see myself on U-Tube, or Americas Funniest..LOL ( oh what we endur just to catch some fish).

Hey there, I've got the same boat but in a 288 Sport, she's a20 footer, year 2003. The seats are essentially the same, I replaced mine a couple years back and you still feel as if your sitting on the deck. It's challenging to navigate also at times and I wind up kneeling on the seat or standing on the deck. I put a throwable cushion on it and it helps a lot. I have always wondered about the possibility to easily raise the height as well. I hope to see some feedback soon.

My 189 sport has low seats. I would think that raising mine more that a couple of inches would put my head above the windshield. That wouldn't be pleasant... especially when running at night with lights. I can see the bugs in my teeth now. 😬

Latest posts

Back