Taking on water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenlips

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Nitro Z7 that's taking on water even with the plug secured, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the livewell. Never had this problem before, boat's been in the water just a few times before and I've never seen it do this, usually takes about 15 minutes to bilge completely.

Most likely is the livewell plumbing as you suggested. Have you tried looking in bilge area/battery compartment while the boat is in the water? You should be able to see or hear something if you are getting that much water. Also fill the livewells with the hose and look and see if anything is leaking. The cooler drains into the livewell, but sounds like you are getting more water than that.

Most likely is the livewell plumbing as you suggested. Have you tried looking in bilge area/battery compartment while the boat is in the water? You should be able to see or hear something if you are getting that much water. Also fill the livewells with the hose and look and see if anything is leaking. The cooler drains into the livewell, but sounds like you are getting more water than that.
Hello. Give this a try as well. With the bilge full take the boat out of the water completely and look in back and underneath to see where the water is exiting. This happened to me and found the problem easily.

Latest posts

Back