Taking on water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris Phillips

Reaction score
My Nitro 911 is taking on so much water that yesterday it wouldn't get out of the hole or jump on plane. I lifted the lid to see why and found so much water my batteries were half submerged! I posted a question earlier about my livewells filling up and tried what was suggested----make sure they're on recirc before launching....They still fill up and and apparently so does the whole bottom, In only a matter or 5-6 hours. No holes in hull and the deck to hull joint is newly re-done with new rub-rail completely sealed. I'm trying to get a simple fix and hope I don't have to drop a bunch of money at a shop but I'm too

new to bass boats to figure it out...Any suggestions would be awesome....Thanks

Have you tired putting plugs in the live well inlet and outlet? I had a small leak in the live well plumbing and the plugs verified it.

Good luck.

Yep. Plug was in. If I just wanna go ahead and plug up every hole back there by the drain plug, what do I plug 'em with????

If water leaks in, it will leak out. Fill it with water in the driveway and check everything listed here........

1. Motor mounting bolts including jack plate. Lift the bow up high to check....

2. Any thru-hull fitting.

3. Hoses, livewell, bilge, etc.

4. Damage to hull.

5. Rubrail itself. It is not good enough to run sealant around the outside. It must be removed and re-bed.

6. Transom corner mouldings.

7. Water pressure / speedo lines.

8. Cracked pumps. ;)

I had the same thing happen in my 901. I had a crack in my live well pump. Chris F.

had livewell pump break and it took on water like the plug was out in my old 901. actually widdled a stick as a makeshift plug to finish the tourney. lol

So on my 99 911 CDC, if I had a broken live well pump or hose or any combination of these, is it possible to keep water out of the boat? Of the 4 live well holes in the transom, can I just get some type of plug and just permanently plug them up? If so, what type of plug.......forgive my ignorance but I'm getting so much water in the boat that the rear bilge area is filling up to as high as the batteries and I'm scared to even take the boat out now............sucks!

Thermos corks or expandable rubber ones

My livewell pump had a crack and it was solved by replacing the pump. In my current boat you pull the batteries, remove the lid that covers the plumbing and replace the leaking pump. If it is the pump, you will have to do this to see which one is leaking.

All awesome suggestions. I really appreciate all the ideas I get from this site/forum.

Thanks Again Guys

Latest posts

Back