swivel-ease pedestal stuck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris Phillips

Reaction score
I have a new to me nitro 911 with no pedestal installed on the front deck and a swivel-ease spring lock pedestal STUCK in the back deck. Tried hammering, tilting, rocking, etc.... It's not budging!! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it out with out tearing up the carpet that was laid over the base plate? Also, do they sell some adapter or fitting I can put into these large hole bases so I can switch to just a standard pedestal instead, after getting this one out!!!! THANKS

when mine was stuck I rotated it with a pipe wrench while pullimg up.

Sarch the topic here. Long discussion no easy answer.

Seems they all do it. You are pressing the black release button at the bottom right?

Yeah, I'm pushing in on the button while pulling but doesn't seem to matter. I haven't

tried getting really rough with it yet(pipe wrench). Does the black button have to be facing forward or backward or anything special like that to release properly?

Thanks guys!!

Got it!!! Thanks again Byron and Toxic. BFH, huge channel-locks, can of brake cleaner and 10 pounds of sweat!!! 100 degrees again!! Now, if you guys could help with one more question: Is there any insert or adapter I can put down in these 1 3/4 inch holes that allows me to use a different pedestal type without switching base plates(they are under the carpet)? Or am I stuck using these swivl-ease lock pin/lock spring things???

Thanks

There is an adapter that will fit the hole and allow you to use a post. Of course you'll have to invest in a new post. I got mine at Bass Pro.

I got my out without chemicals. I put a piece of rubber, Old tube, around the post a little ways above the bottom where it was solid and would not collaspe. The rubber shield prevented maring and held the pipe wrench in place too. I used a short 2X4 as a fulcrum and put upward pressure beneath the pipe wrench. Since no help was available I taped a marble over the button to hold it in. The post came right out. I then put a nail in the end of a large wooden dal,split the dal at the other end and slid in two pieces of sandpaper back to back and cleaned out the hole with this contraption in my drill. No more problems and the post comes in and out easily. I remove my but seat when I'm fishing at night because I often anchor up and like to sit in a lean back chair. Keep the insert clean and it'll work.

You guys are awesome. I'm new to this site and both questions I've posted were answered

quickly and everything suggested has worked!! Got the adapter thru a marine website and

the new posts. All is good.

What marine website, I am hexperiencing the same problem. When I am able to get it out, I would like to remove it with ease the next time.

1stmarineparts.com. Click on seats and pedestals. Second or third page shows a couple

different adapters/bushings available...

Latest posts

Back