Swim Bait does it again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I'm really digging these "new" swim-baits. I put "new" that way on purpose, as I was using swim-baits a Looooooonnnnnngggggg time ago when I was in Florida. We were using them for Redfish and found out how much the bass liked them as well... so we went with it and caught plenty back then. Those were a little different from todays offerings, but still worked fairly the same.

Anyway... Had a tournament on North River in NC today, and I got on the pattern by accident. Seems I do that a lot lately. Ha! I wasn't catching anything, and neither was anyone else close by, but I made a cast with the swim bait to the shore. It hit about an inch from the grassline, barely nicking one little piece of grass - giving me a slight backlash. So, I picked it out slowly - only took a few seconds, and then I reeled in the slack. Two turns of the reel handle, a little shaking action from the swimbait and Wham!... first fish of the day. So I said what the heck - threw back to the shore, let it sink a few seconds, turned the reel handle once - Wham! Number 2. Hey! I'm on to something here! :lol: About 30 fish later, I had managed to put 4 keepers in the boat, released the other 26 or so "13 3/4" fish (14" limit), had two Bowfin mangle it, and had tons of pecks from bluegill that were chasing it.

I had a blast today! And I normally HATE fishing North River.

Best part - Won my little club tournament. I only had 4 fish for right under 8lbs, but I beat the number 2 guy by an ounce or so.

Fun day - very fun!

All the best,

Glenn

Ahhh, life is good when the fish are a bitin'! Congrats on the win.:lol:

JP

glen,

im slowly getting on the swimbait wagon at anna, was out saturday in the rain and it was the only thing the big girls would hit.

mike c

I tied on a SPRO BBZ-1 yesterday for the first time. 7'2" JLM Frog rod, JLM reel, 50 pound braid........

I was watching the action of the bait during the first cast......then I saw a 4 foot long musky following....I decided to pull the bait away from the fish, because I didnt want lose a $40 lure to one cast, and one fish! lol

AWESOME action on it. I will boat a few muskies I sure, but I want it to get a few monster smallies to the boat.....

Yes they will. I wouldnt bother bringing yours though. I was just checking the action of the bait. The summer swim bait pattern is a few months away.

That's insane.....The BBZ is the same size as the smallies that most people catch....:eek::lol: I do want to throw is sometime. I'd have to put it on a flippin stick.

TOXIC

I love swim baits! :wub:

IMGP0934.JPG

And by the looks of it, swim baits love you too!

Teri, Teri, Teri... come on... put some FEELING into it.

It's "40 dolla to make you holla", and you have to say it with one hand on your hip, leaning a little bit.

Now try it again.... with feeling this time. :wub::wub::wub:

ROFLMAO.gif

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back