Survey, whats your biggest bass?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill P

Reaction score
I figured this would be interesting, and informative. I'll be glad to start it off. Have fun with this one guys, and gals.

6lbs, 8oz largemouth - Cape Cod in Aug - 5 inch green pumpkin Senko, skipped under overhang.

4 lb smallmouth - New Hampshire in Sep - 5 inch Senko, I don't remember the color, skipped under a boat house.

36 inch striped bass - waters off Marshfield Mass,in Aug - chunk mackerel piece, with small weight to get it sinking.

My biggest largemouth is 9 lbs even, 26 1/2 inches. I caught it at Bald Eagle State Park near Lock Haven, PA. I got it during the summer time, would have loved to see how much it weighed during the spawn. Carolina rigged lizard on the side of a submerged road bed in 28 feet of water. I cast the rig out and it never hit bottom, gotta love that! Released to fight another day. Not as big as some folks I'm sure but prety good for a PA fish.

Largest smallie is 23 1/2 inches caught from the Susquehanna River about 7 years ago. Didn't get an exact weight but pushing 6 lbs. Got her on a white slug-go along the bank.

My biggest

Largemough 8lbs 8oz caught in a pond around the block from my house on a white and red jitterbug.

Smallmouth 4lbs 13oz caught at Newfound Lake in NH on a carolina rigged 8" zoom lizard in watermellon chartruse. Im still trying to crack 5lbs

Striper 46" caught off the shore of a beach in Newport RI on a popper my father made.

10 lbs 2 oz largmouth, caught August 2002, small lake, row boat canoe access only. 10 hp limit. Lake has given up 5 bass in the last couple of years in the 10 lb class. Remember now this is in upstate N.Y.

Largemouth- #7-3oz. Buzzbait in smartweed, Plainville Lake.

Smallmouth- #4-4oz. Twister-tail jig off bluffs, Wilson Lake.

Walleye- #9-3oz. Floating Rapala night fishing on dam, Wilson lake.

White crappie- #4-4oz. Beetle spin, farm pond.

Wiper- #14 Chug Bug, Webster lake.

Since I never weigh my fish, I couldn't really say..... But I can guess.....

Largemouth - Several in the 4# range, but I don't think I've ever gotten over 5#.

Smallmouth - About 2 1/2# on the Meramec River south of Sullivan, Missouri on a brown Rooster Tail.

Striper - Believe it or not, 15#! Caught it when I was 11 on vacation on Long Island with my family with a hunk of clam off a jetty in Long Island Sound!

Most Bragable Catch- 17# Brown Trout on the Current River in the Missouri Ozarks using a minnow, ultra-light spinning tackle with 4# line! A 45 minute battle in a deep pool with current!

me!

9lbs, 8oz caught from a pond in July near Alapaha, GA. The 8lb8oz that got yanked 30 min later looked bigger! 11' Garlic worm, black/blue tail, 1/16oz tex rig.

Ok, I wasn't going to post due to my lack of real lunkers:

Largemouth - 4lbs 6oz - Caught on Champlain June, 2002, caught on chartruese senko and 1 week before rally, didn't take a pic due to the waves trying to put my boat on shore!

Smallmouth - 4lbs 8oz - Caught on Champlain July, 2002, pic is in my library. Caught on green pumpkin Zoom grub on an 1/8th jig head.

Still trying to catch a 5lb bass - smallmouth and largemouth.

Bob G.

Largemouth.....7lbs 10oz Okeechobee on a Shiner

Smallmouth.....6lbs 7oz St. Joeseph River, Indiana on a Jig-n-Pig....I was 14 at the time fishing from "my" 12 foot aluminum boat. Made the local paper with that one!

--Corey

Funny this should come up today,largemouth 7lb-8oz caught on a wacky wormed senko,watermellon/gold-black flake in 3ft of water at Manchaug Pond,Ma,yesterday,6lb smallmouth,3 years ago at Lake Winnasquam,NH.Now looking for the 8 pounder.

Over the past ten years:

Three LB over 7# including an 8lbs2oz last year on Jig and Super chunk. Not bad for canadian bass.

I don't know what is the largest SM but I've caught at least one hundred over 4lbs and two or three 5lbs a year.

Walleye 31 inches, in the middle of a clear july afternoon with a jig & pig.

Musky 42 inches on a jig and pig. I made a pith to a log in shallow water. The 'log' turned around and took my jig ...

Ciao

Marc L

LM - 6.35 lbs Feb. 2003 SC Federation Tournament. Rapala DT10.

SM - about 3lbs May 2003 - New River WV. Bandit Crankbait (craw paint job - yellow/brown with red.

No stripers to date.

Tex

8 lb 3 oz Largemouth on Carolina rigged lizard and 8 lb 1 oz on a yellow and white spinnerbait.

3 lb 4 oz smallie.

7 lb. 1 oz. on a black 6 inch ring worm at 10PM on Lake Sinclair, Georgia, April 1, 1976.

Largemouth........... two in one day 10.2 & 10.8 Lake Fork, Texas Feb. 28th 1982. Caught on 8" black and blue worm, 9'water, 10 mins apart and about 50 yards apart. The only 2 bites all morning took both fish to nearest marina wieghed both and got a certified weigh slip. took bass back to area and released them, never got another bite, but still remember the day and ranks up there at the top.

smallie.......maybe 2lbs, lake Texoma caroline rig 4" worm. KENNY

10 lbs 4 oz caught at Lake Ida in Delray Beach, Florida. It was caught on a 4" Bass Pro Shops Triple Ripple Stick, electric blue color. It was the only bass I caught that whole day of fishing.

Well my biggest LM to date is smaller than my biggest SM it was an 4.5 lb LM causght in 4 ft of water on a yellow and blue Rooster Tail

My biggest smally is about between 6 and 7 lbs. I caught that one on a firetiger bluefox inline spinner also.

T.S.

LMB - 5lb 15oz. Black rubber worm Stony Creek Lake, MI

SMB - 6lb 8oz. 4" BPS magnum flippin tube ambder green flake Lake St Clair, MI

Largemouth--6lb 3oz-on a huskyjerk out of Greenlick Lake-Pa.

It is only 23 3/4 inches,but has shoulders like a linebacker.Had it mounted.

Smallmouth 5lb even on a spinner bait out of Presque Bay,Lake Erie,Pa.Waiting on a 6er to get mounted.

LM 6 lb 2 oz Lake Anna Spring 2001, Pumpkin/chartreus (Need Spell check) lizard on spinning reel.

BF

4.5# largemouth on a brown pig/jig.

Wife caught a 6.5 smallie on her "little blue grub"...

She always outfishes me... couldnt ask for a better partner!

LMB- 9lb 12oz on Toho, 8lb 2 oz on lake in N. Indiana

SMB-5lb 12oz on St. Clair

This one is just over 8lbs... Feb 03 (I have several in the 8lb class) My largest is 9.5... March of 01(Lake Fork)

Still need one over ten!!!

I have never caught a small mouth>

Kraig
kraigbass4.jpg

Man, I suck... got my second 4 pounder yesterday. But, unlike Kraig, I kept my clothes zipped up.

where did you catch it at??? I was On Roberts this morning for about 4.5 hours and caught 6... nothing over 2.5 lbs...

Kraig

I haven't caught my biggest bass yet, but the biggest so far was a crawdad under 7#, caught on a Storm Sub-Wart.

I think if I had ever had a day like Kenney had back in '82 it would ruin the sport for the rest of your life. I mean how do you top that?

I haven't seen a smallmouth since I was a kid. I need to go to one of the lakes in the eastern part of the state where they are more common, they look like a lot of fun. BTW did you guys see the new state record smallmouth record for Oklahoma was broken with a 7# 12oz caught in Texoma.

Harpo

Screw those guides on fork,...when I come down there,..I'm callin' YOU Kraig!!!...LOL.....you are a TOAD monger!!!

We need to work out a trade,.....you come up here for a week on 'Clair and Erie,..and Mini and I will make a road trip to TX for some Fork Pork!!!.,..LOL You'll catch 3-5lb smallies till your arms hurt,..and we can get into some of those magnum toads,..uhmmm i mean,... HAWGS in Fork!!! Deal??

Mac

8.6 lb largemouth in Chazy River on blk/blk jig n pig

6.4 lb smallie on Bill Lewis Rattletrap

Also one 6.1 lb smallie on clown Rogue

6-6 largemouth on a junebug stick-o Whipple Lake May '02.

6-4 smallie on a 4" white tube St. Clair June '00.

Craig

Largemouth: 5.5# caught in private lake in Greensboro, NC. Spinnerbait

Smallmouth: 2# caught in New River in mtns. of NC. Teenie Weenie Crayfish

Striper: 29" approx. 12#, caught in the surf at Oregon Inlet on the NC outer banks.

Bob G - "my lack of real lunkers"!! LOL

Ok Mine are:

- 5.5lb Smallie, September 1999 Western Ontario

- 5lb Striper, June 1996 St. Johns river, Palatka FL

- 4+lb LM, April 2000 Lake Lanier

6.2lb Smallie, northern Mich. lake I refuse to name, Rapala Skitterpop.

5.7lb LM, Pontiac Lake, Mich., Purple Terminator Spinnerbait.

Mac,

Let me know.... we'll set it up, I'm sure I can get Kenny Lively to help out with a second boat.

Most of my big fish have been caught Feb-April

Kraig

We'll set something up for next year,....I want to do a TX BPS Spring Classic anyway,...and All Star is in Houston, so Mini has a reason to go too...ahahaha...we'll just have to make a road trip that includes a couple of days for Fork!!

How far is Lk. Fork from the Dallas BPS??

11.78 and I caught her Flippin. 50LB braid was enough to stun her on the hook-set and I had a non-boater that was really quick with the net. I'd have to say that because of his quick action, we both caught her.

It was in a tournament too!

Gotta love California!!!

Chad L. Dwyer

Nitro Promo Team

Mac,

I think Lake Fork is about about an hour drive east of Dallas. I drove 3.5 hours or so each weekend from Austin to fish Lake Fork and Lake Bob Sandlin.

Bob G.

7lb. 2 oz lgmth on a gold tandem willow leaf spinnerbait on the hoosick river in buskirk new york and a 4lb. 8 oz smallmouth at herriman resevorie in wilmington vermomt on a 4" motor oil berkley power bait with a 1/8 oz rennagade white jig head. stan

fork is just over 100 miles from BPS Grapevine...

Let me know when it gets close and we'll set up a trip!

Kraig

Sounds like the start to a great rally. We could pack about 10 or 12 in the house that Bob Watski was staying at for not much gingle. I'm ready for another shot a Fork. I blanked my son beat me.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back