sum1 tell me what the "pad" is under the outboard ????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul white2

Reaction score
sum1 tell me what the pad is on a boat ??? they say 3 1/2 --4 1/2 under it is the shaft center, or supp to be......well what is the pad, where's it at, maybe if i knew i can fig out my prob on my own.......thnxxxxx.............if you respond, please send [email protected] hardly ever on here

You say that you are ever hardly here, but you continue to post here. The pad is the the thing that your computer mouse sits on! :lol: :D :wacko:

It's the bottom of the back of your boat. Not going to respond to your e-mail, if it's important to you, you can check back here.

well well sorry to have bothered you at all there bob, you're such a gentleman !!!! lol.......

Paul, being sarcastic isn't going to get you any help. As Bob G. stated, all the help you'll need is right here for FREE, and as such YOU should be HAPPY to ask HERE. Why should we chase you? NOT going to happen...quite a laugh over this...goes good with my morning coffee....:lol:

G'mornin Bob B! Well said! I was going to write something similar, but you summed it up quite nicely.

All the best,

Glenn

:lol::lol::lol: you guys are killing me!! This gave me a great laugh:D

Ok Tox you're right.

The "pad" as it's commonly termed, is the flat longitudinal running surface that has less dead rise than the outer hull.....hence the term "pad". It is THE area of the boat that has the most dramatic affect on performance. In most cases the wider and flatter the pad, the more "lift". Have a look at the pad on a stroker or Allison sometime. Keep the trailing edge SHARP, so the water breaks off clean. You don't want rounded edges as the water wants to follow the contour....I.e., read more drag, with the resultant speed loss. Capice?:blink:

You got that right Mini.....as a matter of fact.....sand it with 400 grit wet-dry!!!

Latest posts

Back