Suggestions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nettech

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Nitro with a 90hp Mercury and it has been sitting for almost a year (before I got it) and has mold on the seats and fiberglass. What is the best way to clean it?
also due to it sitting, is there anything I should check out / service before putting it on the water? I do know that last August it had a new steering cable installed and the motor serviced.

p.s. Is there any way to determine the model? Other than the HIN, the only markings just say "Nitro"

Mold/mildew remover (bleach and water) is the most effective product for removing mold. The necessary precautions need to be used with bleach products. I would scrub the seats and boat first soap and water. Meguiar's Marine Products | Meguiar's has some quality products. The hull may need buffed with an oxidation remover such as Meguiar's® Marine/RV Heavy Duty Oxidation Remover, M4901, 1 Gallon, Liquid | Meguiar's.
Check lower unit lube, fuel condition, fuel lines and fuel filter. Note: older fuel lines can be susceptible to aging and internal degradation. The outside fuel line may look okay but the inside can fall apart. Ethanol blended gasolines can also further the problem. An Internet search will find many examples.
Vic

Latest posts

Back