Suggestions for potential boat modification.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kris hirt

Reaction score
I've attached two pictures and I hope you can see them. I have this large open area in front of the drivers console. It is carpeted and makes a good place to sit stuff out of the way but it seems like I could better utilize this spot by putting something in it's place. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what you would put or build in this location?

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    270 KB · Views: 245
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    221.8 KB · Views: 230
When I bought my latest boat in 2011, I noticed a number of manufactures had that type/style of opening. I finally decided on a model that the deck came to the console. My 170 DC Nitro had a similar opening between the two consoles and Tracker at that time had a accessory of a deck extension. One of the best add-ons that I purchased for that boat. All my safety equipment (throw-able life ring with lanyard, ready accessible) was stored under the portable deck extension. Build a deck extension or find a marine cooler (one that you can stand on) that would fit in the space, give you either cooler or extra storage. You will have to spend some time on line looking at various cooler manufactures with their specifications. I know, I wanted a cooler with a 15/16 inch total exterior height , I finally found one and now just need to mount it.

I like the idea of the deck extension. I have two storage compartments on the back of the boat that work perfectly for coolers so I really wouldn't need the cooler. The deck extension sure would be nice. Appreciate the idea.

I'm thinkin' a small fridge with a beer tap.... Really, a deck extension of some kind with storage under..... Nice rig

I have a 1999 896 savage Nitro, has anyone with this boat found a cooler that fits especially well in this spot???
Brantley

Latest posts

Back