Suggested prop for 2000 Nitro CDX 200 hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Tully

Reaction score
This is my first post as a newbie to this site. I'm looking for a better hole shot to pull skiers (when not fishing).

Currently have a Merc 200 hp..the info on the prop is 48-16550 A45 25P 3 blade Laser II. I assume the 25P means 25 pitch. From what I've read on various web sites it appears I need to go to a 4 blade.

Any suggestions out there? Appreciate in advance.

dave

Dave -

I'm not a prop expert; your answer will have to come from some much more knowledgable than I. But they will need to know:

Carb, EFI or Optimax Mercury?

What boat are you hanging it on?

What rpm's are you turning at wide open throttle?

Another option - and much less expensive - is to add a hydrofoil.

me!

Actually, Dave, the more I think about it, the more I think you might be best to just get the hydrofoil.........

When you're pulling skiiers, you want to get out of the hole gradually and gently....... Don't want to yank their arms out of the socket! But you also need to get the butt end of your boat out of the hole........

A hydrofoil will do this nicely AND allow you to keep the boat up and out of the water at the slower speeds needed for skiiers.

me!

Appreciate the replies..will get the tech info next time I have the boat out..no offense on the the Laser II..figured the prop the dealer gave wasn't a performance prop. For me!, the boat is a Nitro 901 CDX.

Have one more question. Last time out I was running it wide open on a flat lake and now the speedometer isn't working. I checked the water line and its attached. Any other ideas before I have to take it into the shop?

Latest posts

Back