Sufix Siege Mono any good??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I bought a spool of 10# and 12# it at Dicks the other day and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on it? Im going to give it a try for sure to see how it is. Right now i use BPS excel and i really like it but it has a lot of strech. I hace also tried the BPS XPS line but found that too stiff. Im hoping the Sufix might be somewhere up the middle. Any thoughts?

I've never used Suffix line. However, in recent years everyone that I have heard mention Suffix line has not had one bad thing to say about it. I've heard about how good it is for so long, I've very tempted to pick up a spool every time I see it. So far.... I've resisted the urge. Until you brought it up again. :lol::lol::lol: Looks like a trip to BPS is in order this afternoon. :p

All the best,

Glenn

I have been having great luck with it. I had some lines troubles last year after stepping up to a g loomis glx. On hooksets with jigs I was snapping trilene and stren up to 17#. Maybe my local walmart did something (age?) to these lines I don't know but I was in fits considering the money I lost by losing these fish here and there, the funny thing was after the line snap these fish would come up and try to throw those broken jigs out right in front of me. I switched to sufix and the problems went away. I used it all last year and had great results without much memory, yesterday I noticed a little more memory I think due to cooler weather.

I use Suffix Elite as my main mono in 10lb and under... it's all on of my slip bobber rods and shallow vertical jigging rods... I use the Siege for leader material (bit stiffer and does have some memory...)

Latest posts

Back