Stuck in Nuetral

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Cooke

Reaction score
I need suggestions. The button at the control that you push in to put the motor in nuetral is stuck. Almost as if there is a spring behind it that is broken. It's just loose and will not pop out so you can engage forward or reverse gears. It is a Mercury unit. Thanks for your input. It is very much appreciated.

Sounds just like my love life - stuck in neutral with no spring to it........ Let me know if you find an answer!

me!

Gary, I had that happen when I still had my Pro-Angler. I was told by the tech at the time that Mercury had used brass gears in some of the 3000 gear boxes and they would break. I had to have the gear box replaced. I think they have fixed that problem with the newer boxes. I hope!!!

good luck

Mike

Gary-

I had the same thing happen to me when my TV-18 was new...Dealer thought the unit was bad and replaced it...Well, wish I could say that completely eliminated the problem, but it didn't...The next time it was at the dealer's, they looked at it again and decided that it just needed some "working in." It occasionally still sticks...When it does, I just continue to put it into forward and reverse until it frees...Sometimes a little "mechanical aggitation" with your fist helps...if nothing else it will make you feel better...

az

I noticed the same thing on the boats in the showroom. If the new ones are like the old ones, one lobe on the cam causes the friction. I had to polish it with my Dremel tool.

Latest posts

Back