Stren - Kentucky Lake - long

• Thread starter Brian Ingersoll
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ingersoll

Reaction score
I just finished my second Stren tournament on Kentucky Lake. From what I know about the lake, I felt it would take about 12 a day to get a check and 15 to 16 a day to make the top ten cut.

I went to the lake Saturday with my team partner to check my areas from past years and hopefully get a lock on productive baits. We got there a little late and my first spot was a bust, not a single bite. The next spot things made a turn for the better. We went down a stretch of bank very quickly and pulled three good fish off of it. The next stop produced two good ones then we pulled up and left. We checked quite a few holes and caught fish at almost every one, leaving after a couple good fish. By the end of the day we had 20-25 keepers with the best five going about 16 to 17 and the next best five going about 14 to 15. We were getting bit on almost anything we could throw, but I had narrowed it down to a jig for open brush and a tube for grassy areas. I had most of my fish in 6 to 18 inches of water with one spot with 3 to 4 foot of water. I ended the day with four holes to hit that were holding good concentrations of fish. Sunday we went fun fishing down the lake from where the tournament was launching so as not to burn my fish.

Then the cold front came through!:angry:

I think mother nature pays as much attention to the tournament schedules as we do the weather forecast. A cold front came through that dropped temps from lows of mid 50's and highs of upper 70's to highs of upper 50's and lows around freezing. The water temps had dropped around 8 degrees, going from the upper 60

I was just getting ready to post a message to see how you did in KY.Great post.That rough water is hard on equipment.I fished a small tourney at Lake of the Ozarks this weekend.Had them figured out on Friday and just like you was a victum of the cold front.And they dropped the water overnight.Let me know when you are going to be coming through this way to the Miss. river.I,d like to catch up with you.

I'll give you a call when I'm headed that way, probably the weekend of July 19/20

Latest posts

Back