Stock Gps Power Connection

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a hot tip this morning and really want to get my Helix DI GPS installed in place of the stock sonar that came on my 2017 PT 190. Have to admit the console set up on it makes what I had on a '97 PT 17 look like a barn. There was a fuse block from Hell under the console on the '97, that was almost impossible to access unless you were 3' tall, but the new console seems to be sealed up pretty tight and most of the fuses I've seen are inline. Can anyone tell me where to start in the more recent consoles to pull power for a Humminbird unit. I'm sure the transducer cable runs thru throttle console and thru the chase on the back deck but power has to be up under the console but all I've found underneath so far is a carpeted knee panel. Before I go to pulling things apart I'd like to know it's actually back there and not running somewhere else.

My Bad, went out after posting and crawled under console. Have to say the new set up is much cleaner, never even knew the fuse block was there. For those that might be wondering same question. Under console there is a carpeted kick panel that appears to have screws accessible at each corner for removal and there is a much cleaner covered fuse block that is secured nicely just above panel and all the connections are labeled for easy reference. Definitely not like the '97

Latest posts

Back