Stereo on Tracker Proguide V175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcast

Reaction score
Hello all!
I recently put a Lithium battery in my boat just to get all accessories off my starting battery.
Everything working fine, EXCEPT the stock stereo. Checked all connections and fuses, but does not have power. Before changing accessories over, stereo was fine, but only worked when key was in the on position, which I did not like anyway, but now not working at all.
In related, I think, is this connector on a yellow wire with a black strip on wire bundle going to ignition. It never was hooked up, just wondering if anybody knows what it is for… ?

Attachments

• E1917E51-7A97-4184-AD32-67C6006C202E.jpeg
    E1917E51-7A97-4184-AD32-67C6006C202E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Check that your ground for the radio is also on same battery.
Cyco,
I installed second fuse panel when I got the boat, because stock fuse panel didn’t have enough open spaces for an Humminbird Helix9 , One-Boat network Ethernet switch, and the GPS puck for my Terrova TM.
I took both grounds and both hot wires from starting battery to new lithium battery. Is that what you are referring to?
Or, are you saying that the ground for radio has to be on starting battery?
The stereo has 2 fuses, one marked PWR, and one marked MEM… I don’t have a clue what MEM stands for…

Probably memory so it retains power for a clock and your preset radio stations. Power is always being drawn for this purpose. A lot of pleasure boaters don’t realize this and can’t figure out why their battery is down after sitting for a few days. Not a problem for most fishing boats because of onboard chargers being plugged in when the boat is parked.

Thanks Targa,
But is there a draw when ignition is off? Because radio does not work unless key is in run position… I think maybe the two fuse locations for radio are only hot when key is on.. so they are separate fro rest of panel? Which is constant hot…
So today I will switch wire and fuses to a known constant hot location and see. Maybe because of ground for ignition system is on cranking battery and fuse panel is on new accessory battery?
I will report back!
Thanks again!

Well no luck on stereo…. I may just scrap it and replace with new one, get it off the ignition switch… don’t understand why Tracker set it up that way, I would rather have it like any other accessory..

Cyco,
I installed second fuse panel when I got the boat, because stock fuse panel didn’t have enough open spaces for an Humminbird Helix9 , One-Boat network Ethernet switch, and the GPS puck for my Terrova TM.
I took both grounds and both hot wires from starting battery to new lithium battery. Is that what you are referring to?
Or, are you saying that the ground for radio has to be on starting battery?
The stereo has 2 fuses, one marked PWR, and one marked MEM… I don’t have a clue what MEM stands for…
When you first post, i was thinking you just took radio hot and moved it over to "new" bat. And never moved ground. (I made that mistake).
But if you put new fuse panel in and transfered everything and have all +/- coming from same bat it should power.

Take a light tester and clamp radio ground terminal and touch radio hot connection see if light goes on?

EDIT: Read your second post. And i think thats is whats happening. You need any device to have same +/- to same battery. Take the mem wire and tie it to +

So you put new panel in, but, some grounds may be going back to crank bat.?

Cyco, I put both panels on the accessory battery, Hot and grounds.. So both are grounded to new battery, and both are fed from there.
But, the radio only would turn on if it ignition iwitch is in run position, regardless if motor was running or not.
So how do I deal with that? I can’t take the ground from the original panel and put it back on cranking battery.can I? That would mean it is being fed from accessory battery, and grounded to cranking battery? Will that work and is it kosher?

Seems to me there is a wire(remote +) from the radio tied to ignition, usually blue. I usually just tied it to the +. Then radio must manually be turned off/on.

Maybe check that?

My radio dosen't work either but does have a switch on the console. Bought a Blu-tooth kicker from amazon which connects to my Iphone , the fish and I hear it very well.

I have a few of those but I am a baseball fan and I like to listen to Detroit tiger games…Lions football as well. Why you ask?
Glutton for punishment I guess🥹

Latest posts

Back