Steering pulls to right! Dangerous?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClubMonki

Reaction score
When on plane, if I let go of my steering wheel it will pull quick to the right. Could this be a trim issue? Scary.

When on plane, if I let go of my steering wheel it will pull quick to the right. Could this be a trim issue? Scary.
you should adjust the motor fin to match bottom of boat .mark trim on trim meter. then adjust trim tab so that the boat will run straight at that trim setting. may take several tries to get it just right . after the boat is on plane and trim adjusted to the mark the boat should run straight no hands. then the straight line travel can be adjusted by very minor changes in trim.

Be aware that many new motors no longer have a Zinc Trim Tab to adjust. The pull to the right is probably the bite of the prop. You may be trimming too high.

Thanks guys, I don't have a trim tab "Evenrude e-tron" but I do have the fin. It was pointed to the left set to 4 degrees. I set it to 0 and it now points to the right slightly. I had to add trim oil since it was not trimming very well and I think that should do it.

Latest posts

Back