Starting 2010 off really well

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I regularly stop by a really good archery website. It's got the same kind of people we have here, but they are focused more on archery than anything else. Hope our board admin doesn't mind me posting about it, but I figured since it's an archery site, it's not in direct competition with our favorite fishing site here. It's located here:

http://usoutdoors-forums.com/

It's run by a really nice guy named Bill Shiver. It used to be one of the most used archery sites I had ever been on, but some larger sites took off and Bills site kind of slowed down quite a bit. We have been trying to boost membership numbers, so Bill held a contest. It was for a really nice Gerber knife, engraved with the winners name.

Well, Bill emailed me tonight to let me know that my 2010 is starting off well - I won! At first, I was going to get my son's name engraved on it. My wife reminded me that he may not be as interested in hunting / fishing as I am when he grows up, although we both know his personality and doubt that from the way he acts. :lol: So I decided the best thing to do is just engrave my last name into it. That way, when he gets old enough, I can pass it down to him and it already has "his" name on it as well. :p

If you are interested in archery - whether you currently shoot, or just would like to learn about it, there are some great guys over there. Bill Shiver, Grandparichard, Greywolf, yleecoyote23, Shade, ArcheryMom, greenmountain, Moparlvr, hillbilly, Flyfish, and many others. If you join, please tell Bill that "Glenn sent ya" - my user name there is CajunTec. Hope to see some of you drop by.

All the best,

Glenn

Great news and thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I SUCK at bowhunting. :(

Happy New year and enjoy your prize! (I keep thinking "Major Award" like the movie A Christmas Story. You know, the Italian leg lamp. "Fra-geelay!" :lol:) Best wishes in '10! ;)

I'll drop by... My archery use is limited to bow hunting with my (almost) 20 yr old Oneida bow... I should probably update someday, except it has been very successful in my experience...

But, I do like to "dream"... Thanks

Nothing wrong with any type bow, no matter the type and age in my book. As long as you enjoy shooting it, that's what really counts! I shoot a modern Hoyt compound, but also enjoy hunting with my recurve and longbow. Different tools for varying hunting areas and conditions. I really enjoy the longbow though.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn,

I have a chronic shoulder separation... I had to stop using a release about 10 years ago... The Oneida was chosen, initially, because of the let-off immediate at the beginning of the draw... It has been the only bow (brand) I have been able to use since about 1990...

Greg,

Sounds like a great reason to continue using that bow - Shoot what fits. I got the itch for a new compound two years in a row, but then I take my Hoyt out and shoot and remember why I just ain't ready to change just yet - It fits me. I know that I would regret selling it within days of it leaving my posession, so I'm hanging onto it.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back