St. Joe River Sunset

• Thread starter Andrew Zuber [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Well...

Now that the boat is put away and the temps are below freezing, this is all I have to remind me of warmer days...

St. Joseph River...looking west to Lake Michigan...if you look close, you can see the Lighthouse at the end of the North Pier...decent smallie fishing!

az
St.jpg

I have never fished the St. Joe that far north but for the first 18 years of my life I lived a mile from it in Indiana. Great fishing, my biggest smallie ever came from that river. I will have to try and hit that stretch of river next year....looks great.

--Corey

I am not picking on you Yanks, but I just don't understand why you outdoor types live up North. I know here in Texas we get about a month of unbearable heat in mid-summer but we have tournament fishing weather year round. Our money trails shut down in December and resume again in February. You folks pull your boats out in May and winterize them again at the end of October. Can someone help me understand the attraction of living in a cold climate?

Again I am not picking at anyone, just trying to understand.

GG

p.s. I am in sales, so I have traveled all over both domestically and internationally, so it's not like I have not seen your part of the country. I understand it can be beautiful, but there are plenty of beautiful areas without the cold! By the way, I start to freeze at about 55 degrees.

Clueless quite a few of us get in longer seasons by fishing cooling reservoirs at powerplants or fishing rivers that don't freeze. My season usually begins on March 15th and ends mid to late November, I know others who do not winterize at all as they still get out weekly in all but the worst weather.

Personally the 4 months off is what I need to mentally recharge for a new year of fishing and get my gear in order again! That said I hate the cold....

--Corey

Clueless,

Crime in almost non-existent in my area when the temps reach 0 degrees for weeks at a time. And there is no reason to lock your car/truck doors at -30 degrees F!! Locks might freeze if locked. Also no grass to cut 6 to 7 months of the year! AND, we have some kicka$$ smallie fishing too!!

Bob G.

OK,

I will willingly trade my no grass cutting, and no car door locking for 9 months of fishing HAHAHAHAHAAH Have never smallie fished, so I guess ignorance is bliss :)

Carlos

Those smallies are hard to come by around here. We have a couple of lakes here in Central Texas that hold a few, but the popolation is not large enough to target. You will just pick one up every now and then while hunting LM.

I took an expat assignment in Germany for 2 1/2 years, my only long term exit from Tejas. The wife and I thought we were going to die from exposure and that was inside the house. If you boys are out there fishing in the winter, you are some tough SOBs. As much as I love fishing, I just could not do it.

Carlos,

You gotta try smallie fishing on Champlain or any other good smallie fishery like St. Clair or Wini.

Bob G.

Awesome photo Andy. Make the guest bed, I'm on my way.

Clueless,

As much as I love fishing I'm not sure I could do it year round. The North has sooooo much more to offer in the winter. Aside from SUPER TOAD SMALLIES I have two other passions in my life.

DEEP POWDER
skiing3.jpg

I'm not sure how much of those two I'll find here in MI but back in NH/VT......whooooo baby!!!!

I'll be home twice in January on two different weeks. I know Jay Peak and Stowe will have PLENTY of snow by then..

Latest posts

Back