SS Prop ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Degel

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Pro Deep V-17, with a 90 horse Merc. Running at 5400 rpm at WOT. My question is, i want to go with a stainless steel prop. Prop numbers are 12.75 x 21 on my Alum prop. On the lower end there is a sticker that says 13 right by the prop. Is that the biggest Dia. i can go for this motor. If so most props i have looked at are 13 1/4. Also should i stay at the same pitch of 21 when going to SS.

Thanks Bill.

If the ss prop is larger in diameter I would/did drop 1" of pitch. I was told to drop 2" of pitch but 1" worked great for me on my 50hp. 10x15p alum gave me 5400 rpm@wot, the 10.5x14p SS gives me 5400@wot and I swear I have more topend and alot less steering torque....Jerry

Bill If you want to waiy a couple of weeks I'll be putting a 21 S/S On my boat i also have a 90. I have ran both the 21 and a 23 alum. I should be in the water in a week two at the most. Billy

Thanks for the info. Still have question about the sticker on the bottom of lowerend unit says 13 is that the highest diameter i can go. Most of the props i looked at are 13 to 13 1/4 diameter.

Bill-
I have a 2001 90 horse...
It also has the little 13 sticker on it as well...
Let me know too when you find out what it means...

Latest posts

Back