Spring rain gear

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Morning all,

Last year I seem to remember everyone talking about some raingear from BPS that was pretty good. But, for the life of me I am not able to rememer the name. My raingear had multiple blowouts yesterday and I am in the market for some new gear.

Any ideas? Needs to be spring raingear as it is cool still.

Carlos

check out the cabalas guide wear. They make a version called guidewear lite. its the same gortex stuff as the regulat guidewaer but no thermal lining. its expensive but worth every penny. If you buy some what i would do is but it a little biger then you normally wear so you can layer clothes under it for cooler days, that way you only need one set of raingear.

Carlos, I bought some Frogg Toggs a couple of months ago and they really come in handy for those spring showers that can come up suddenly. They make an excellent windbreaker and are light weight and pack easily. Best of all they only cost around $75 for the set.

Harpo

Thanks ya'all,

I was trying to remember what they were called. Did reemmber that they had the weird name. Will get some on order from BPS.

Tox, you should have went out with me yesterday. HAHAHAHA Rain, plus the 2 1/2 foot waves made things exciting!!!!

What are you doing next Saturday? Want to go out on the river in my boat??? Use blue Berkely Power Pulse worms for todays bass fare and they liked it. The barge did like the spinner you hooked me up with and it kept it. Can you send me the order info so I can get another one? Also, in the launch contest, I am back in the running. Launched my sweatjacket. Put it in the seat, folded it over and took off. Seat opened up and OUT it went. Glad it got warmer.

Carlos

Frogg Toggs,

i got to use mine extensively today in a catfish tourney. they work great and block the wind very well even if it is cool.

jd

James, Howdjado in the catfish tournement? I forgot all about it. I told Andy when you e'ed me on it, but he didn't show much intrest. I think he see's himself as a BASSGUY. I was going to get out to the lake this afternoon after the morning thunderstorm but Andy was down with a cold so I decided to hang here at the house with him.

Harpo

soonerfan,

finished 4th out of 74. not to bad, but a real tuff day of catfishing and that was after the storm which came thru. that is a whole nother storey and i'll just say that i "beached" my boat for the first time!

jd

James, let's hear the rest of the story. I know a pretty serious gust front came through Saturday morning.

Harpo

Back