Spring Commissioning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
I have a Hurricane Deck Boat with a 260hp Mercruiser I/O. I had it winterized last fall and ready to get it ready for the summer. Besides going over all the normal stuf and checking should I do anything to the engine?

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Bill,

This is a boating board. You're going to have to take automobile engines to a different forum. :lol:

Just messing with you. Wish I could help, but I don't know squat about I/O's. Hope you enjoy the new rig!

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn - Thought I would move up from my Nitro 896 and Bennington Pontoon to an SVU fishing rig. Two pedestals on the front anf Motor Guide Remote Troller on the front. Functional yet unbelievably comfortable! :wub:

"SVU"?? Special Victims Unit? Bill - what ARE you doing on the boat? Investigating crimes against the lake? :D:D:D

Seriously, don't know if this is analogous, but whenever I took my motorcycles out of storage after winterization, I would run them as much as possible to burn out the stored gas (which was stabilized before storage). After getting out as much as possible, I would refill with fresh and add a cleaner/stabilizer like Techron. My latest favorite additive (and highly recommended by Bob B.) is Sea Foam!

Hope that helps! Need to get together soon. Ran by Carr's Bridge Road several times this past weekend to and from the Home Depot (dock repairs). Thought of you each time! :lol:

Best - Jim

Latest posts

Back