spinnerbait / buzzbait combo at BPS

• Thread starter Jeff Cozadd [URL]http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-S
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion put that money aside till you have enough for quality rod and reel. I went to bps to buy a curado they were sold out what a suprise. They suckered me into one of those johnny morris reels. Its junk!

I love Johnny Morris reels both baitcasting and spinning but I have never used a carbon black. I also use the Pro qualifiers and I like them to. For spinner baits Id rather fish a slower action rod. I miss alot less fish when a rod isnt so stiff. Its hard to penetrate a big fishes mouth. With a stiff or fast rod I some time tear the bait out of the fishes mouth. Look at Pro Qualifers they are a good reasonable price reel.

agree with TJ, not a fan of the Johnny Morris line of equip.

I use the Bionic Blade rods and have had great luck with them. However all my reals are Shimmanno. looking at the new Quantum bait casters. My Curados are getting old and the new reels are much better than the ones I have.

GregD

I have a Johny Morris reel It is 18 yrs old and still one of my favorites. I also have 5 Pro Qualifier reels and love them. I put them on Carbon lite rods, Makes a great set up! Light weight and durable I really like them.

Gave my sons Pro Qualifier reels and Carbon lite Rods, last year when we took vacation to Mn. My oldest son has a couple $300 reels,(don't remember what kind) He likes the Pro qualifier reel better!

That's my $0.02 worth anyhow. Worth exactly what you payed for it I guess!

Good fishing, what ever you choose! :rolleyes:

I have fished with most all makers in my guide service. I have had had my JLM reels torn down by experts (right TritonGlenn?) and told they are surprisingly well made. I am now sponsored by Quantum and like their equipment as well. It's a Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing coupled with if you ever got burned on a product or had a bad experience. The Shimano kool-aid is strong and they have a loyal following. My opinion, which is no better than anyone elses, is that once you reach a certain price point, they all get very, very close in quality. Personally, my pick for the most cost effective and durable all around reel, it's Browning. I really like them and yes, I know they are owned by BPS. I am just getting started in my Quantum gear so we'll wait and see.

I like my Shimano reels, I didn't know kool-aid came with them!! :D

EDIT: spelling

You Robert are one of the very few who I would have thought partake of the Kool-Aid!!:lol:

I don't have a problem with Shimano but I think you pay a premium for that name. In the past it was worth it but nowadays other manufacturers can and do measure up.

I bought my Curados years ago before they changed the model.

Yep me too...two fo my Curados are at least 8 to 10 years old and I have one that is about 15. None better IMHO...you pay for what you get.

Latest posts

Back