SPEEDOMETER PICKUP SOURCE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOB SMILEY

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the water pickup is for a speedometer on a 2000 Nitro with a 1999 Merc. Force 120 HP. I ran the boat pretty much this past week-end on Dale Hollow lake in a lot of trash on the water and my speedo takes forever to get up to the speed I believe I'm at. It was fine when I started but I think the scum & stuff on the water clogged me up. Outwardly, the lower unit is clean.

bob

It has to either be a pitot tube on the lower part of your transom, or it will be on the leading edge of your lower unit (little small hole).

All the best,

Glenn

Sometimes debris will get in that little hole if it's on the lower unit...which I believe the Force engines use. Try a small fine wire to see if anything is in there.

If it's a pilot tube, you can remove the tube and use air to blow it out from the bottom.

you can also straighten out a "cheap" hook and use that to clean out the hole in the lower unit.....the barb on the hook works great at grabbing junk..allowing you to pull it out!!

Latest posts

Back