speakers under both seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
I was wondering where the radio was originally located on a 901 or did they even have one from the factory? there are two speakers in my boat (I just bought) and wires under each seat. they look factory, or someone did a excellent job on a install, but I cant find any wires, antenna or holes where a radio would of been mounted?? I would like to put another radio in it. any ideas??

The radio in a 901 was an option......It was mounted under the glove box door....but it was a really flimsy mount..mine didn't last a month before it broke. If you want to mount one on your own...I'd put it IN the glove box.

Mac

Did you mount the radio? And where do you mount it? I have a 640LX and what is holding me from buying a radio is where I would be installing it... I thought about the speakers under the seats but I'm clueless of where to install the radio...

I have not put a radio on it yet!! but I have found several on the net that have am/fm/sd card and aux imput. they are very thin and some are even round. when I get one it will be a round one and I will install it just in front of the shifter/throttle. ( right above the livewell controls)

I had a 170DC, the radio/cd player was in glove box area.
For my new boat I purchased a small amp.about the twice the size of a credit card, two water proof speakers and mounted a dock for my phone. Now I have internet radio, gps, weather alert, and hand free phone/voice text plus anything on the internet. I cannot play cd's.

cq

When the ice is off, I will get pic's. I need to pull my depth transducer and install on the pontoon before the lake is restored to normal depth. The one I ordered for the pontoon (my project boat) will not arrive until after full lake level. It just happened that both depth finders are the same. It will be soon.

cq

I went very simple, speakers behind the seat, left enough room for seat back fully up, amp under steering console and phone dock, I removed the suction cup, used a brass toilet hold down screw (the round was already cut to fit inside the dock arm) and mounted the dock on one of the gauge spots on the console behind the steering wheel. All that is left to run wires, fuse and exposed wires I used plastic conduit.

cq

164364_10150143734516369_210347756368_7868745_1879598_n.jpg 166453_10150143734586369_210347756368_7868746_1868184_n.jpg speaker 71FAPPYdfPL__SL1500_.jpg amp718--S5-dAL__SL1500_.jpg dock A0AW_OWMMOTDRDHDRZR_129671453874005761sHWhhXeKnP.jpg

Latest posts

Back