Southern Open

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
It's Saturday morning and I am at home, didn't make the top 30 to fish day three. But I had fun and a great experience. Day 1 pro weighed in 3 fish and I weighed in 2 tiny for 2.13 lbs, day 2 the pro caught 2 small, didn't weigh them, and I caught 1 tiny for a total two day of .............4.1 lbs and 71st place on the non boaters side. On paper I outfished 19 pros, I am sure some didn't weigh in on day two. It was cold for three days prior to opening day then the temp went to 81 degrees on opening day. During practice they were killing them in the swamps, my guess the fish went back to deeper water when it warmed up. Both days I fished in 2-4 foot of water all day, we never tried deeper water. 1st day pro ended day two in 39th, day two pro 101st. Day two 2 hours before weigh in time day 1 pro was stuck in the swamps where we were with a busted motor. We quit an hour early to help him back in. I caught several short fish and one that got my heart pumping on day two hit hard, put up a good fight, then broke the surface and it was about a 6 lb cat, talk about a let down. Day two I was in a Basscat with a 250 pro xs and my cheeks (facial) got a 40 minute massage, 77 mph. Before I went I made the comment "how can you fish for 8 hours and not catch five fish", now I know. It was fun and a great experience and would do it again, maybe next year.:D

Sorry to hear it, Jimmy. I just checked the final standings to see how my cousin's husband did. He finished 16th (Luke Estel).

Latest posts

Back