SOS call for 2020 Tracker 17' with 75 Merc four

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced finding the keystart not functional- no power to the starter, won't make a sound.
We know a little and have checked out a lot of possibilities including replacing the key switch with no change in the problem.
Have checked all the regular stuff like battery, connections, and fuses (that we can find)
Hoping maybe someone with a similar experience might have a suggestion? All the shops are busy down here so it will be a week or two to get in somewhere,
Any thoughts from a similar experience appreciated... no previous problems of any kind with this rig.

Have you accidently slipped it into gear? That will cause "Nothing".

Pretty sure my old motor will turn over with the kill switch tripped but just won't fire.

i have a 95 60 hp in gear will not crank. run a hot lead to starter solonoid . if the windings are shorted it wont work. if its good it will engage the starter motor bendix gear you can hear this happen.also check that the key switch powers the existing hot lead to the solonoid. hope this helps.

Thanks guys- I appreciate the effort. We have checked these things- I was hoping there might be a fuse somewere that we can't find but so far nothing else we know to do. This is my son's boat and he may just have to wait on the shop for some knowledgble tech guy to figure this out. I've never encountered this problem where one of the above wouldn't have fixed the issue....

Larry only two items before the control module: the neutral safety, kill switch. There are, depending upon wiring, main fuses ( breakers), a large fuse at the fuse box, and one in the engine cowling. Beyond that you are then into the engine safety components (oil, fuel, ect). You can, as was suggested, go straight from the battery to the starter to rule it out. Each of the switches can be jumper one or both at a time. Then it get a lot funner.

Neutral safety bypass switch or ignition relay. Might be another bank of fuses you may not be aware of. I’d consult a shop manual. Unless engine guardian is active. Just don’t bang it with a hammer!

Latest posts

Back