Some peole these days

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
First of all I will say something that Soonerfan mentioned to me. There are more horses tails in this world than there are horses.

Some of ya'll know I am seling my Ranger because I bought the Nitro. I had 2 guys come look at it Sunday. For the month of December They emailed me back and forth and I sent them pictures and they said they wanted the boat. When they came Sunday they noticed a small hole underneath the bow eye. That my dad and I never knew was there because of its location under this piece of metal (kind of hard to explain.) They wanted to check compression so we let them. They took the kill switch off and did the test. They then went to check for spark. They found taht it showed no spark on either side. (some may remember my post about the compression and spark plugs a few days ago.) They decided not to get the boat because of the hole and the engine wasn't sparking. We were fine with it because if they didn't buy it we were going to have fixed and then try to sell it. They emailed me back Monday and asked if we would take $2000 for it. I emailed them back and told them about the prices to get things fixed and a price on a trolling motor. The price came out to be around $1000 to get it running well, thus making the selling price $3000. We didn't take their offer but said we would do $2500 to get it sold. Their reply was this "from the list of repairs you gave us and the price you quoted us it seems as if you already had the price of the hole figured in" They went on to say that we weren't fair and a bunch of liars. I even offered to give them web addresses for places I had listed the boat with a break down of prices and the asking prices...guess what none of those had the hole listed on it. They never admitted that they were wrong but just got all mad over the deal. I don't like to see people get mad at me like that and I am letting it bother me when I shouldn't especially when I am in the "right" and they are in the "wrong".

BJ

Let it go dude...you will run into people like that all the time, just dont let em ruin your day!

Mini

Some people make others mad for enjoyment and also set things up so they get a better deal. Not sure if that happened here or not......

Carlos

I also meant to say that they were not willing to come up on their offer when they found out that the kill switch was the problem on the spark plugs and there was no need to buy a 600 dollar power pack.

BJ

Harpo may be from Oklahoma..... But he ain't dumb!

He sure pegged those idiots.

Give it a bit of time, BJ. Your boat sounds like a really good buy. It's still only January; someone with their head in the right spot will come up before spring!

me!

me!, I'll take that as a complement...I guess. ;>)

Harpo

Hey Tommy Chong... They let you have internet in the county lockup... cool!

Get this. In the last email he sent me he told me he could spend no more than $2000.00 check this out. The guy who posted it (jayhc2) is the man who jumped all over me for not being fair with the price and all!!!!

http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/Forum33/HTML/002678.html

I went through a similar experience when I sold my old jon boat. People want something for nothing and then they want to be paid to take it off your hands. Don't let them get to you. Boat looks in good shape. My Brother-in-law is looking, I will mention it to him. Where are you located at? He is in Dallas, TX. Must be tired, just looked at your profile. I will still mention it.

Bud

As royalty said along time ago in a revolution,

"let 'em eat deer." or sumpin' like that.

The world is full of butt wipes and they are added to the list. Wait a couple months, you'll sell the boat then.

Had a guy last year drive all the way over (5+ hours) from Eastern NC early one Sunday morning to take a look at my Targa. After being there, he indicated that he didn't even want to go to the water (5 min's away), and that he was disturbed that there were some blemishes in the aluminum hull (from branches and such). No scratches, just blemishes from 'rubbing'.

Another guy called from Chicago (lawyer), and not only gave me his list of demands, but also stated that I would be responsilbe for arrangning for a mechanical inspection (at a dealer of his choosing), at my cost. Plus an on-the-water test near Chicago. I thanked him and took his number.

I sold the boat a week later to someone in Wisconsin.

As you stated, some people are just horses tails, or at least close to the tail.

Tex

Latest posts

Back