some island in lake michigan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
The wife is booking a date on a island in Lake Michigan in Oct. No cars, isolated etc. Any of you all that live in this area fill me in. L'll be giving up some prime walleye fishing time.

Fatrap

It's probably Mackinac (pronounced mack-i-naw)or ....I've been there several times...it's cool...you'll have a good time....it's all "touristy" but it'll be great in the fall....no crowds and lot's to see and do!! You can rent bikes and ride around the island...take carriage rides...visit the fort that was built in the 1700's....lots of great bars and restaurants....and the only vehicles are horses or bikes!! (They do have a fire engine though!);)

Probably the place. I'm sure I'd be better than Disney World which is scheduled for Spring. My 14th time in 40 years:( Thanks for the info Mac. How far is that from you?

Mike

Mackinac Island is a very kewl place. I haven't been there in many years, but it's a lifetime long memory. Lot's of walking, unless you ride a horse or bike. They also have a EMS unit along with the fire truck and several other service vehicles. In the winter months they do allow snowmobiles to be utilized. During ice season when you can't take the ferry there you take snowmobiles there via an ice road. It actually is in Lake Huron and is about 3800 sq miles of land, with 8 miles of coastline. You won't regret going for a visit!

Latest posts

Back