1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sold My Nitro

Thread in 'Site news' started by firedog978, Apr 1, 2018.

1. firedog978

firedog978 Well-Known Member

I mainly wanted to let you all know how the Nitro holds it's value.

In February of 2001, I bought my Nitro 175 Sport fish and ski new at Bass Pro Shop (Cinci.).
    An absolutely fantastic boat. It served my needs for 17 years! It was always garaged and kept in excellent shape. Oh, it had it's little bumps and dings but nothing more than very minor.
    The gel coat shined like it was brand new. The 75 hp Tracker ran as smooth as glass and was way more speed than I ever thought a 75 could do! Everything worked and numerous updates were added over the years (too many to mention).

Anyway, in March of 2015 I suffered a few bouts of chest pain and shortness of breath. Saw my doctor and he immediately did an EKG and scheduled me the next day for a treadmill. They said I had a blockage and needed the next day to do an angiogram. It showed a total occlusion of the coronary artery. Lot's of meds and extreme change of life. After about 7 months of that, they wanted me to consider an 'intervention'. A risky procedure to go in both femoral arteries and open the coronary artery. It worked, opened along with having 3 stents.

I realized I wasn't using my boat very often the last 2 years. Actually, not very much at all. It just didn't seem right to let it sit in the garage and age. So, I decided to advertise it for sale. Within an hour I had a number of people wanting to see it. And, each day there was several more interested. Long story short, I sold the boat.
    Hears where I realized the Nitro holds it's value. Now I'm not giving the following numbers for any other reason than to show a good 'used Nitro' will hold it's value.

Bought new: 2001 $14,600.00
    Sold 17 years later: 2018 $7,000.00

My opinion, If I can get basically half of what I bought it for and used it for 17 years; I'm extremely happy.
    The only question now is, as one of the first members of NTOWS can I still play on the site even without my boat! Ha Ha! Truck '09 and boat 006.jpg

2. Mike S

Mike S Member

That red boat sure looked good behind that red truck. Hope everything is going well with the heart stuff. I had a stint put in back in January of 2018 and I feel good myself. Its hell getting old. I just got a Nitro last week. Blue boat with my blue truxk looks almost as good as yours did. God Bless! Mike S.

Attached Files:

3. firedog978

firedog978 Well-Known Member

Hello Mike, and thank you for the complement on the appearance.
    I sure was a bit sorry to sell that boat! But, I just wasn't taking her out that much anymore.
    I bought it new and garaged the entire time. Babied it like a living thing.

The heart business is just fine. It's a life changing event but, doing very well thank you.
    You take care of yourself and grow very old.

That boat of yours' looks fantastic! And, color matched to your truck. You are going to love that Nitro Mike! I always got compliments at the ramps. Even after it was older people thought it was new!

My son-in-law has a very nice Ranger and he asks me to go with him all the time. And, my wife's boss has a nice big bass boat too, and he asks me to go with him as well. So, I'm getting my time on the water

I'm going to hang on this site since I was one of the originals. Even though I'm no longer a Nitro owner. I think I can still chime in with some good advice.

4. Mike S

Mike S Member

Glad u are well. Getting boat out of shop today. So I can start playing with it and doing all the stuff I want to do to it. Having the floor repaired was a priority. It won't ever rot again as they used a composite material.
    Thinking about removing front and rear deck carpet and have them painted to match center floor. This weekend will be about maintenance on the motor. Fuel lines, fuel bulb, fuel filter, new fluid lower unit, motor is peeing great so will hold off on impeller. Going to replace wheel bearings on trailer as well. Previous owner replaced spark plugs and installed 3 new tires for trailer just before he listed it. That should keep me busy this weekend. Greatgrandson lives with me so he is going to help. He is 10 and loves to fish and boat. My son has a 23' Pathfinder HPS with a 250 Sho Yamaha on it so I can fish with him when I need a saltwater fix. See pic.
    Have a great Day! IMG_2890.png 20170618_085723.jpg IMG_2890.png 20170618_085723.jpg IMG_2890.png