So You Wanna Be A Guide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Let me give you the rundown of my last 2 weeks with Clients:

I've been sleeted on, rained on, frozen, sunburned, windburned and chapped (wacky spring weather!!). Bonked with Carolina rigs, stuck with crankbaits and slimed by minnows.

I've sent clients home skunked, with full coolers of crappie, big bass and dinks.

I've had clients feed a lot of expensive lures (mine) to trees, rocks, docks and various other land based objects.

On the other hand.....I've had happy children (crappie fishing), first time fishermen (and women) land their first big bass, and tons of smiles and laughs.

As the boat sits with every compartment and lure box opened up to dry in the perfect spring day (because I am not on the water)and I reflect.....IT'S ALL WORTH IT!!

Happy Easter Everyone

TOXIC

I'll trade with ya' like the Busch beer commercial, the smart one is the guy who gets paid to go fishing! with all the above mentioned perks! kenny

Tox,that sounds like me taking my brother-in-law fishing with me.At least you get paid,I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Toxic, How did you get started being a guide.....

Are you full time? how many days a year do you guide?

your post sounds like a normal day on the water with my boys and or my father inlaw.....Kenny knows what I mean!

LOL kraig

Kraig,

I'll go full time when I retire from my govmt. job. Until then I have been working on getting sponsors, doing seminars, attending sponsor events, speaking to local clubs and doing outdoor shows with my partner. I've been averaging about 6 to 8 trips a month (sometimes more). He is full time. We are getting ready to start filming a TV show (local right now). I've got Gamakatsu, Castaway rods, SPRO, NITRO, Bass Pro Shops, Hawg Caller, Lunker Lure and some other smaller ones like marina's , etc..

TOXIC

Rob should pipe in on this also....

Latest posts

Back