So, This Is Tracker!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markhansel

Reaction score
I have another thread on here explaining that during my break in process of my new (left-over) 2016 Targa V-20 WT that has the Verado 225XL on it, the motor would not turn up past 3900 RPM's. I got all kinds of responses with people telling what to check, mostly prop and coils. However, it turns out someone at the factory must have been hung over or dying to leave for vacation that day because it was finally determined that it was wired and configured wrong at the factory!!

At this point, I have still not properly broken the motor in because I've not been able to run the motor at 4500 RPM's for that initial hour, and, I've not been able to use the boat much at all since its been in one shop or another. That being said, my first payment was due and I asked Tracker to waive/cover the 1st payment since they basically sold me a LEMON and I couldn't even use it by the time the first payment is due.

I'll let you all guess what the response has been so far to my request....

And this is a Tracker problem? Sounds to me it is a motor problem. If the motor was wired wrong. Now if it was a cable adjustment. That one be one thing different. But your motor comes with a separate warranty claim issues though that manufacturer. That’s who you should be dealing with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The BOAT was wired and configured incorrectly, not the motor. All the gauges on the dash had to be reconfigured and the boat wiring as well. This is 100% a Tracker problem/issue!!!

Sorry to hear that. Tracker should make it right. Tell them your going to get a lawyer involved. And see how fast it gets taken care of. Good luck

I have complained to customer service both via the phone/email and via Facebook. At first they said..."refer to your warranty" and sent me a yellow highlighted section that says I get nothing in the way of financial compensation for the loss of use time.... then they agreed to send me a $200 gift card after I *****ed more...told them that was unacceptable, now they bumped it to $250... I told them I was insulted that Tracker wouldn't make it right...because, it's not like it's a yr or two later and I have some warranty issue that needs fixed.... it was wrong from the factory and I had to make the first payment and can't even use it yet...

Was elevated to the head of Consumer Relations...or so she claims to be...

And I kept saying it was a lemon since it was wrong from the factory...definition of a Lemon vehicle...she kept saying snakily..."that is your opinion!!" Told her I want to return it since its a LEMON!!! That went nowhere even after pulling the lawyer card...

Well while I understand you position. It isn’t a lemon law issue if it can be fixed. Good luck

Hmm, I can sympathize with you in having a boat that’s not working correctly but I’ve never heard of being compensated for a finance payment due to loss of use? I understand your frustration though and wish you luck with your claim.

Latest posts

Back