Smoking in Porta-potties - Danger!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
One you may not have considered...

I bet it sure made a 'mess'...

From CNN:

BLACKSVILLE, West Virginia (AP) -- A man smoking in a portable toilet lit up more than a cigarette.

The potty exploded Tuesday when a buildup of methane gas mixed with the lit cigarette, said a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services.

The methane didn't "take too kindly" to the lit cigarette, she said.

Emergency workers said the man was not severely injured and drove himself to the hospital after the stinky, smoky mess.

Ahahaa...gives new meaning to havin' a "BLOWOUT":)

Tox...where are you?

Shoot Stac...A bud of mine just about set my couch on fire foolin' around with a lighter and methane gas:)....Bwahahahahaha

brings a whole new meaning to the phrase: "fire hole".....

and Johnny Cash's song,...."Ring of fire"...

Without his permission..... Here is a post by Mr. "TOXIC", from two years ago..... :)

TOXIC did not originate with natural gas but as I told you, it most certainly enhanced the title. Picture this---Bunch of guys sitting in a remote fishing cabin after a long day on the water snacking on Slim Jim's, pickeled eggs, smoked oysters (from the can), Vienna Sausage and last but not least, big huge deli garlic pickles. Now the conversation turned to whether human natural gas was in fact flammable. I chimed in and said "why of course it is, didn't anyone see Mad Max and the Thunderdome, they ran a whole city on pig farts"? Well, a disagreement ensued and I was pressured to prove my point. Having prieviously experimented with human combustable emmissions, I knew I would win the argument but what I failed to consider in my equation was the intensity of the fuel source. This being an "up-scale" cabin, we had a mouse infested Lazy boy recliner. I was lucky enough to have snagged it for the evenings discussions. I preceeded to drop trou (but not my tightie whities, after all I didn't want to embarass the other guys) and hike my legs up on the edges of the recliner. I lit my trusty Bic and let loose with a stream of gas that could only be equaled by a rocket funny car at the dragstrip. Having totally mis judged the amount and purity of the fuel, ignition occured and it was like holding a match up to a can of hair spray. That's all well and good but another event took place that took a bad situation to worse----the intense blue flame fought wildly to find the source of the fuel traveling through my tightie whities and--- well, singed a very delicate part of my anatomy (Ken, does that make us brothers?). I threw my legs in the air causing the recliner to tip over backwards and rammed my head through the cheap drywall. There I sat with my head stuck in the wall and my underware burning like a one year old's birthday candle. They eventually freed me (I put out the fire).

TOXIC (if the name fits, wear it)

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I AM ROTFLMJNO!!!!

All of this talk about the meth lab on BFHP now makes sense.. it was methane! I heard they could explode if you didn't handle things correctly.

Since I work around construction jobs I do have some experiance with Porta-Pottys. In order to blow one of them up with a cigarette it would require two things which I would never do inside one of them.

#1, Sit down.....NO WAY

#2, Breathe......NO WAY IN HE//.

If I can't take care of the business I've got in one breath then I don't have to go that bad.

Harpo

No comment......Now I did tip one over one time with a guy in it. It is pretty hard to get that blue color out of your clothes!!

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back