Smith Mtn Lake: fish won't bite - need dynamite!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Clark

Reaction score
Been fishing at SML for a few weeks. Fish finder shows massive amounts of fish in the coves, down deep. Tried live bait, plastics, jigs and spinners. Nothing! Anyone ever fished at SML have any ideas on how to get the fish to bite? I'd settle for a Sunfish! LOL

Shakey Head jig with a thin straight-tailed worm. I've never done it myself, but got my butt handed to me by a guy years ago fishing SML during a Mr. Bass tournament. I figured my straight tailed worm (Zoom Finesse Worm), texas rigged, would work the same - nope. He kicked my butt. He was a local - fished there all the time. The worm he was using looked thin - kind of like some of the Roboworm offerings. I didn't have anything "thin" besides some little Berkely Power Worms, but those had a hook tail on them - and the bass wouldn't touch them.

All the best,

Glenn

I just got back from my parents house, they live on Gills Creek... caught 4 off the dock with a tube (green pumpkin) 3.5" all were in shallow water next to the shore.

Latest posts

Back