smith mountain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Perry

Reaction score
hello all my nitro buddies. 3 am with my hubby n others at smith mountain and we're not havin much success. please advise on catchin stripers this time of year.

Oh my GAWD girl...where you been??? So you pop back in here just because you need information?? I feel so violated!!:lol::lol::lol:

I understand the night bite is the best on topwaters and crankbaits. Hmmmm 3am would fit the bill as far as night goes!!:lol: Also try BIG plastics 10 inch worms and swimbaits.

Tell Larry Toxic says hey!!

TOXIC

try trolling near the dam, use white bucktails, usually 20 to 50 ft will find them, troll along the high bank mountain walls. and dont be suprised if a big smallmouth smashes a lure.

mike c

or you could wimp out and free line live bait.

Trolling for another parrot? I was there the year you got you last one and yes I still talk about it.

Good Luck

Bruce

I just got back from SML, they are catching them early and late on points, using stick baits deep runner style. My parents live up in Gills Creek and we would watch the morning schooling take place around sun up and the same at sundown. Also trolling live bait down to the tops of the trees. The water temp is a lot cooler than last year, only 78-80 deg. Go to Virginia Sportsman in West Lake and look at the daily report board... if your close by. Have fun

Eric

Thank all. Trolling for another parrot...I almost brought mine back, he is quite the obnoxious fellow. I know now why he was in the wild. He didn't escape, they left the door open. Thanks for the info. We'll give it a try. Tox...you are funny. Just think of it this way...I value your insight, so I come to you first. I may not be on here much, but your are always in my thoughts:rolleyes:

Hey Shelley,....WAAAZUP?!......you find any bars to hang out in down there?? LOL

Look out for Mini,...he's always trollin' too!!:cool:

Mini&Shelley.JPG

Hope to see you soon somewhere along the BPS trail!!

Mac

good lord, Mac, you need a new photo. Hey, thanks for all the information on Smith Mountain, unfortunately, we've wore out our welcome and we're heading back to West V. I'll try not to be a stranger here, I don't want Toxic to feel violated!!!! Best summer wishes to all my fishing buddies!:cool:

Remember that weekend?? It was at the BMC in Nawlin's.....I'm sure Mini likes that pix now!! He was 20lbs lighter THEN!! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back