Smartcraft Gauge! Tracker 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Kling

Reaction score
Hey guys - I purchased a smartcraft gauge to install in my 2003 Tracker 175PT with a 60HP Merc 4 Stroke EFI.

My question here is what is the best way to snake the wiring from the motor to the console. This harnes is THICK and i'm not confident that its going to be an easy task threading this from the back to the console...

Anybody do a similar install and could give me a couple tips?

Thanks!

Matt

No, I just haven't done it on your boat and they are all different. Someone will chime in. Usually a tape snake with a parachute cord fished through and then tie to your cable will work. I'll let somebody more familiar with your model answer as fact though:p

TOXIC

I have an 04 PT175, and there is a "removeable panel" that runs from the drivers seat back to the corner brace at the transom, 4 or 5 screws and it comes off. You'll find the shifter and steering cables under this. you'll have to remove the shifter panel as well to gain access to the console wiring as well.

OK - got the MercMonitor wiring installed. Took about 2 hours of messing around and fishing wires through. If I were to do it again, I would be done in 20 minutes. lol

Anyway - I used the acces panel that jimp had mentioned and snaked the wiring through using an old fishing pole with the guides removed to snake it through. Its a great tool for short snaking.

This weekend I'm going to install the monitor and hopefully get out for a test run and see how everything looks!!!

Latest posts

Back