Site status

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wanted to let you know that the server transition hasn't happened. The migration software for the new server is not ready for prime time yet, so I have to wait until the vendor gets their act together and puts out a patch release.

Will keep you posted. In the meantime, you can keep posting...

Bumer the upgrade did not take Rich. I know the redo and do is always a pain.

What kind of servers did you upgrade to?

Obviously, if I could be of any assistance... please let me know. I can shoot somebody's eye out you know... Just tell me who... LOL

Really, if you do think of anything, let me know.

In the mean time, as always, we all greatly appreciate what you do for us...:rolleyes:

Rich - thanks for the work you do for us. I, too, was having withdrawls.

Carlos, we're currently on a shared Windows server. A dual core pentium 2.8 with 2gb of RAM. I host other sites from my business on it, along with NTOWS.

The new server is a Windows server also, but is a dual CPU Xeon 3.2 with 4GB of RAM. It will be substantially faster. In addition to better hardware, the software of the newer system will be more up to date and less vulnerable to the various attacks that frequently happen to web servers.

The server control panel software is a product called Plesk. This softare allows my clients to interact with the server via web browser, to manage their web sites, email accounts, etc. Unfortunately, the migration tools from the older version to the newer version are either non-existent or bug ridden. That's the hold up.

Nothing like being able to say some of the dumb things we say, only getting to say them faster! :lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol:

If the conversion worked the first time, could you really be confident it was a Microsoft product? :lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol:

Darn Rich.. I'm sorry you went through all of that to have it not work properly.. BUT, I'm sure glad the site back's up.. I've 'almost' stopped shaking:wacko:

Uncle Billy

Rich,

You are having the same probl;ems our Server guy at work is having...box is nice, but the changing of versions is a major pain! He spends HOURS doing small stuff soemthimes.....

Latest posts

Back