1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shimano Sellus Rod questions

Thread in 'Fishing' started by Chris Droke, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Chris Droke

Chris Droke Well-Known Member

Any body have any first hand account of the Shimano Sellus rods? I know they are on the low end of the scale and don't compare to the upper scale rods but I'm not able to drop $400 plus on rod and reel combos. Just curious if anyone has used them.

2. TOMMY RICH

TOMMY RICH Well-Known Member

Just picked up on the new Compre rod and Symmetre reel...sweet combo for $200;)

3. Herndonpro

Herndonpro Well-Known Member

I have 7 foot MH Sellus spinning rod I bought last year. Use it mostly for shakey heads and lighter texas rigs. I like it. Good back bone with a soft enough tip. Sensitive enough for me and not heavy. I think the most I've ever spent on a rod is $100, so it fits in my price range and I don't use alot of spinning gear.

Steve

4. Eric Shelton

Eric Shelton Well-Known Member

I have the 7' casting MH spinnerbait rod. Its a little stiffer than I would like and I really do not feel comfortable throwing anything other than a spinnerbait on it. I have thrown my A Rig on it a few times but thats about it. I prefer an Abu Garcia Vendetta, it will run you around $89.99 and is WELL worth it!