Shallow Water "Anchor Pin" - Trolling motor mounted

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Front Anchor Pin mount.jpg

I wanted a shallow water anchor system, but couldn't really justify the cost of one of the power units (for now). So I was looking for the least-intrusive inexpensive mount I could find or design. I found someone on another board that builds pre-designed mounts and sells anchor pins. Then I discovered that a Minn Kota Fortrex has mounting bolt holes on both sides of the bracket for the "bounce buster". Well, I'm not using the holes on the Port side (outside the boat), so I drew up a diagram and had him build this for me. Works great, and I didn't have to drill more holes in my boat or lose any deck / top cap space to a big bulky bracket. It does bend and flex quite a bit in moderate to heavy wind, but it pops right back into place. I'd rather the bracket flex than the trolling motor mount. So far... I like it. Time will tell if it lasts, but the builder sounds like he stands by his product, so I'm not worried. Hope you enjoy the idea.

All the best,
Glenn

I use the cajun anchor myself for muddy bottoms. Thinking of adding an electric anchor to the bow for when I fish my TN rocky bottoms.

Good job., Glenn.

Okuma Steve and I were discussing getting a projects section going, similar to NTOWS grab bag. This is a worthy candidate.

Nice add, Glenn! I use 8' fiberglass tree stakes and bungee cords. They store under the rollover lip on the Skiff so they're out of sight and out of mind until needed. For a bass boat, your addition will definitely come in handy.

I have been using the "Venom Down Right Shallow Water Anchor Pole" for a few years, no problems. It can be mounted to drop the pole to the side of the trolling motor or in front. I use mine in front.

I just added a micro power pole to my 2013 tracker 175tf and have only been able to use it once as the weather has changed (imagine that living in Ohio)but it seams to work great. Will be trying it out along the St. Johns river in Fla. in March !
1107181219.jpg
1107181220.jpg
1107181220.jpg
1107181219.jpg

Latest posts

Back