Shaky Head Rig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
I've read tons about the shaky head worm and I'm finally sold on it, this year I'm going to give it a try. My Dad made me learn to use a baitcaster when I was 12 and I haven't used anything else since, and I'm 32 now. Before I wounldn't touch a spincast reel with your pole. ;o). Anyway, just curious what your set up is if you use the shaky head. What rod/reel, worm, weight sizes etc.. All of my bait casters are bass proshop brand. Do they make a decent spincast combo?

Thanks,

Cass from TN.

Cass,

i would highly recomend the bass pro bionic blade spinning rods. i have 10 combos with simmano spirex reels. i love the feel of these rods and would not give them up for any of the higher priced rods. i have even gone as far as using there bait casting rods as well.

i have not used the shaky head jigs yet, i plan on using them this coming season. i tipicaly use a 1/8 or 1/4oz ball jig. i have used finess worms and 5" senkos. the senko on a ball jig can be very deadly for smallies when the water gets warm. i usually try to target fish in 20' around structure. mainly grass beds. the stinkier the grass the better the fish.....

GregD

i am using a 6'6" Medium/Heavy rod. I am currently using 10lb mono. i havn't found another line that i feel gives me the same sensativity . I know that there are better lines than mono. i just need to find one that i like.

GregD

I like to use a 6'6" med around docks and overhanging cover. In more open water situations I opt for a 7' med, if the cover is thick (wood/weed/rock) I may go to MH. Line size depends on the cover and weight of jig. I like to use XPS Flourocarbon starting with 8 pound test. I will adjust up or down depending on conditions.

The Johnny Morris line of rods and reels are hard to beat. ProQualifiers are my second choice. Dont overlook the Browning reels too.

Mini

I use nothing else but BPS and I'm sold on them. The JLM's will stand up against the best out there ! I can't wait till we get are store at the MALL of AMERICA ........ YA BABY !

Mark:D

Home made jigs here. Its a standard roundball with a GOOD barb and a Gammie fine wire hook.

Mini

I think my local Fishermen's Headquarters has em'...I may have to run down and get some.

Gammies have always been my hook of choice for T or C rig:cool:

Latest posts

Back