Shakedown cruise complete, let the season begin!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
Well, in then north it takes us a while to get back on the water. Mix in a high school graduation and it takes even longer. Well, finally got the boat ready yesterday and on the water today. She performed great. Cranked right up and ran like a champ. And....there doesn't appear to be any residual issues from the rodent nest I found in one of the rod lockers. Not sure how the little bugger got into the rod locker with the lid down? Do you think it could have crawled in from the drain hole and under the floor? It's a mystery. Anyway, glad to be back on the water,

Congrats, you would be surprised at how small a space that they can get through. It is free weekend here so I will not be out. I am lucky that I can go out Mon to Fri and stay under the ac and watch ball games on weekends. I even keep a small piece of tape on my water pee hole when not in use, just to keep bees out. Not to brag but I have it lucky, during the winter I can go on the lake Mon. to Wed. and deer camp Thur. to Sat.

cq

Here's a little tidbit from a former pest control business owner (me):lol: The only bone in a mouse's body they cannot collapse is their skull. Point being, if they can get their head through, the rest will follow.:p Glad you got out.

I had mouse problems the first two years after I bought my boat. Then, someone told me to scatter moth balls all in the boat. Since then, mouse free. I put them in when I put the boat up for the winter.

The best way to keep mice out is Irish Spring soap, YES it WORKS!!! just put a bar here and there and will not come near it!!!

Latest posts

Back