Senko colors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Hey all:

Seen a few posts and a recent chat about senko colors. My question is which color have folks found to work best? I've only started using them regularly this season and the best one so far for me on both Lake Anna and the Potomac River has been the dark pumpkin with chartruese tipped tail. I've tried the dark purple, lemon and white but don't seem to get nearly the bites. Others have also mentioned the bubble gum pink (or cotton candy) color. My only thought on that one is what the heck is THAT color supposed to imitate? Thoughts? Advice?

JC

Bubble gum (in all types of baits - including spinnerbaits) is a great color. Jimmy Houston uses bubblegum spinnerbaits quite a bit.

It probably just 'ticks off' the bass.

Tex

I have three colors i use 80% of the time.

Watermellon, Green pumpkin and black. I have had great sucess with all three colors.

2 words. amber coreshot. i've gotten three 5+ pounders (all for money or prefishing) on that color this year alone. Just bought watermelon/gr.pumpkin laminate, but haven't had a chance to use them... tournament on sunday tho on the mississippi --

David

Green pumpkin all the way!!! Hey Tex, I've been wanting to try bubble gum. Do you really get good results from it?

Watermelon w/ Black Flake, Watermelon w/ Black & Gold Flake, and Watermelon w/ Black & Red Flake.

TJ

Green pumpkin w/black flake, Black, Black w/small Red flake

Latest posts

Back