Selling Boat and Need Advice

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kinslow

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I haven't posted in along time. I've been way too involved in school and kids. Long story short, I have come to the realization that I need to sell my boat. It's a 2001 Tracker Pro Deep-V 16 with a 2002 50H Mercury. It is the standar package Tracker offers but I upgraded the 40H to a 50H and added the 4 Bow Bimini Top. Plus I'm leaving all the extras with it (brand new anchor, nice cover, 2 life jackets, marine first aid kit, marine ropes, bumpers, can't think of what else there is).

I bought it brand new in June of this year thinking that I would have time to enjoy it at least on the weekends but that just hasn't been the case. Since purchasing it, I am barely over the break-in period.

This leads me to my question. I've been to the NADA website to find out what a fair price is for this boat but NADA seems a little convoluted and difficult to get a good price out of. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should sell this boat for or any other sights that might give me a better understanding of what it's worth?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks all,

JohnK

John, while th Nada site is a gaugeing point I found that it underpriced my particular boat. They do not have all the ammenities that some of us put on our Bass Boats. Go to the build a boat site for Tracker, build your boat and price it from there. Hope that helps

Mark

John, what NADA can't tell you is what the economics of the current, boat market are. You have to try to get a sense of that from the local market. Also, check www.boattraderonline.com for similar boats in your area.

www.basszone.com is a good Oklahoma fishing site, might be helpful to advertise your boat on their classifieds forum.

Your priorities are right: Kids are more important than a boat. Buy another one in a few years if they want to go with you.

John,

I have consistently seen boats going for up to 20% over book value. Keep in mind book doesn't REALLY take in all the options, and condition is key. If your boat is mint with limited hours on it, based on the fact that it's only a year old, don't take any less than $1,000.00 under what you paid for it. Someone will recognize the value they will save. Post it on all the angling boards. You chances will increase as spring approaches. Good luck.

Rob

i haven't seen a boat anywhere for sale at the nada price. most of the time the selling price seems to be twice the nada price. and i have looked at a lot of used bass boats. p.s. theres a lot of good deals out there. what i'm getting at is the nada price seems to be a little low. have you checked out the price of used outboard motors. i'd pay those prices anyday. good luck finding one for that kind of money. thanks stan

Ask yourself "If I were looking for a boat and found that I liked this one - what would I feel that it is worth?"

Then, answer yourself TRUTHFULLY!

me!

Latest posts

Back