Selecting The Right Prop

Nitro & Tracker Owners

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Owners:

BCGreen

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 1998 Nitro 700LX and need to replace the prop on it. Looks like the old one is a Black Diamond Quick Silver 12 3/4 21P. The part number is 2040 21P Quicksilver. The boat is slow coming out of the hole and sort of difficult to come up on plane because of it. I was thinking of going with a Mercury Black Max Sport Series 13 19P to get me out of the hole a little faster. I understand it will affect my overall performance speed wise. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry Williams

Reaction score
Take a look at my earlier remarks on this site about the use of the SE SPORT 300 Hydrofoil. This is likely a qiuick and inexpensive solution. This way you wouldn't have to give up your top end speed.

BCGreen

Reaction score
I did add a hydrofoil to it and it did it improve it. I can actually use the boat now.....lol.....but still very sluggish coming onto plane....

BCGreen

Reaction score
I wasn't really asking for a blessing for the brand but more about the size/pitch change of the propeller....

Butch

Reaction score
Don you have a propeller shop near you? In Norfolk Va we have Murphys Prop Shop and you can buy a 19P to try out. If the result is not what you desire you can bring it back and trade for a 18p or 17p until satisfied. Of course these are refurbished aluminum props or you can get a Stainless one there also.

crackett

Reaction score
I have a 2014 z6 115 pro xs and have a trophy plus 19p 4 blade comes out of hole great was able to remove the hydrafoil

Paul Lalande

Reaction score
What is your top end with this prop .2015 z6 2011 115 pro-xs laser 2 22
Prop
Without talons 55
With 2 talons 53
7-8 sec to plane

Latest posts