Seko's are they for real?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Jordan

Reaction score
I've tried these and they work but there seems to be alot of hype or magic associated with this bait. I usually throw a 4" ringworm with slider 1/16 to 1/4" head and it's been my goto bait up here in NH. Input welcomed

I assume you mean Senko's. And if so, Jim and Tom Mac got me hooked on them this past season. Had great luck just rigging them weightless and pulling them thru the slop for largemouth. Nice heavy baits for soft plastic. Just my .02

Rob

Hmm, in a word, yes! I am a "believer" now as well (different Rob, by the way). Out here in Kansas and Missouri, they are great for just pitching weightless in brush and trees and just let fall. The oscillating fall of these plastics seem to be magnets. I have constantly been amazed.

By the way, there is also a lure called the Kinami Flash (available at BPS) which is made by Derek Yamamoto (Gary's son) which is the exact same as the Senko. Primary difference is they are sold in bags of 7 for $3.99 vs. the bags of 10 for the regular Senkos at $5.99. Price breaks down the same, but for those of us who go into sticker shock when paying over $.60 per soft plastic, the smaller bags make it a little easier.

Try BPS' "Stik-o-Worm" if you like the Senko. Almost microscopically identical in every detail, but a whole lot cheaper for a bigger bag. Just my .02. They also work great as a multi-hooked "Do-Nothing Worm" stitching three #6 baitholder Mustads into the body and sliding under docks. Good luck to all.

Started using some Senko's late in the season. Caught a few Largemouths on them in a tidal section of the Delaware which I 've never fished before. Rigged them up wacky and finesse style. Fished the 9S size, will get some 9J for spring they may work better for me (hair shorter & smaller in diameter). Mostly fishing for smallmouths. I think they are a good bait, but don't think they are the end all do all that some say they are. Maybe they are but I like to fish others (soft plastics) that produce as well.

i got my but kicked by them in a tourn on champlain in june. on our clubs return in august i won. using a senko of course. yamamoto ika baits work good also. stan

I tried the 4" Senkos last season in Pumpkin color and have had good success for smallies on Champlain. Rock bass also hit them. I fish them with no weight and let it drag along as the boat moves with the wind. I even took them to California and caught some fish on the Delta with J. Foster.

Bob G.

I started using Senkos last summer and what a great bait. In that short time period it has become my goto soft plastic bait. I fish them weightless when over grass and pitching docks and Tex-rig shallow and deep structure. After running out of Senkos picked up some of the Stik-o-Worms and are working just the same. I think the Stik-o-Worm has a greater salt content so be sure to clean your hook when done for the day. I buy the longer 5" or 6" and if I want a 4" I bite some off. Give them a try I think you will like. Lots of luck

Lake Fork bass love 'em wacky rigged! Haven't caught any big fish on them yet, but catch huge numbers under the slot.

Apparently, the difference between GY's Senkos and his son's (or other knock-offs) is the level of scent saturation in the formula before molding. GY patented the formula so his would have more "flavor". I can't really tell the difference, though, 'cuz I soak 'em all in KnB.

I've been thinking of trying the stik o's, and haven't talked to any one who's tryed them yet. are they really that close to the "Senko's"? Are they just as heavy? That's one of the things I like about the Senkos, is the fact I can fish them a variety of ways, with no weight (especially skipping under docks, and trees). Let me know please, Bill.

Dave,

Go up to the post "Rich I did it" Rich kindly put a pic of me with a nice smallie there. Coincidentally, I noticed what I had tied on that day, look on the deck next to my knee! Senko! I didn't catch that fish, that was on a Zoom fat albert grub, but I did boat a 3lb largemouth on it that day. Only large I got that day too.

They are identical, just cheaper. Rig 'em like a fluke or T-rig, C-rig, wacky, or stitched, with or without weight. They're awesome.

Latest posts

Back