Second tm battery in 2021 tracker v175 wt pro guide

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorhead99999

Reaction score
New here and sold my javelin 366 fs and bought a boat to better meet my rough water and room needs.

has anyone been successful with getting two group 27 batteries in the original tm battery area? I unscrewed the original tray and slid another battery and tray in there and can’t find a comfortable way to have them both in there. I am sticking with the 12v system but do a lot of 2-4 day fishing trips without power to charge battery’s.

Motörhead,
I too have a ‘21 V175. I tried to get 2 batteries in mine, and could not comfortably. I went with 2 Lithium Ion batteries, Ionic brand, and I had to lay one on it’s side to fit. One more advantage of No lead acid batteries, will never go back!
877A7B3F-0AD4-4BBA-BD48-5FFE201FDF31.jpeg

Attachments

• 2A0D428D-F429-4170-ABF3-1C77869F987F.jpeg
    2A0D428D-F429-4170-ABF3-1C77869F987F.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 20
Motörhead,
I too have a ‘21 V175. I tried to get 2 batteries in mine, and could not comfortably. I went with 2 Lithium Ion batteries, Ionic brand, and I had to lay one on it’s side to fit. One more advantage of No lead acid batteries, will never go back!View attachment 2193
How much did they cost? I was considering putting the other battery in with the starting battery and running 6 gauge wire up to the original. Do you charge both of them off one bank on the genius charger?
I also took them rod saddles out of the rod storage as I felt like I was gonna break my rods trying to get them in there. I can easily get 12-15 rods in there now.

They are 100Amp/hr Ionic Lithium Ion batteries, 700.00 each. These batteries have a phone app which you can check status of batteries at anytime. Moved the genus charger to the floor compartment, and it charges both just fine. Only have had to charge the batteries once since using them , 3 trips.I also replaced the factory trolling motor wiring and plug with 6 gauge wiring and a Marineco plug. Running a 80lb thrust 24V Minnkota Terrova with I-Pilot Link. Generally in fishing season the starting battery takes care of itself, winter just put a trickle charger on it, boat is garage stored.

Latest posts

Back