Second Bilge Pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
Yeh.... Just wondering if anyone runs a second bilge pump? My boat is not 100% dry and for peace of mind I was thinking about putting in a second pump. Wondered if I could "Y" it into the existing outlet hose, that way I don't have to do another thru-hull. Will this work? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

I would put my money into finding out why the boat takes on water. Hull cap leak, lower hull leak, wash-over when you come off plane? I am never happy when I have to use my bilge pump except when I am in the rain or some other obvious reason.

I do run a second pump in my 911CDC, not because it takes on water, but for saftey reasons, our resevoirs are big water, and at times we take water over the front, and other issues can rise, i had a livewell pump break once, and to top that off, my bilge picked that day to fail, not a good feeling 30 miles from the weigh in......i fixed both, and added a second large bilge pump, unlike what you are asking, i added a second fitting, totally seperate system, switch and all, i also now carry a protable pump also, two lbs of weight for safety is well worth it

Most on big water have 2 installed and also carry a portable with alligator clips to fit your battery. It's one of those things that you never know you need until you need it. ;)

I have an 896 it does not have a pump out so I use the alligator clips and have a 2nd bilge pump as well as a way to fill my weigh in bags. Works well.

Ok... Thanks for the info. I think I will add the second just for "peace of mind" if nothing else!!!:)

Latest posts

Back