Seat Pedestal Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tightline 700lx

Reaction score
I know someone out there has had this issue so I should get plenty of ideas on this one...

My front and rear seat pedestal bases are starting to get worn out and loose. They are the originals so they are under the carpet. I have always just cut the carpet and replaced the pedestal and base to fix the problem but I like the way they look know and the carpet is still in good shape, Ideas??? Has anyone ever come up with a good solution to this problem???

Can you use a sharp carpet knife/razor blade and make a 8-10" slice out from the center of the pedestal base at the 3o'clock and 9 o'clock (your bow being 12 o'clock) positions,....lift the carpet up enough to tighten the bases, and then simply re-glue the carpet slit's back down?? ;)

I could if the screws in the base where loose but it is the hole where shaft on the bottom of the pedestal slides into, that is worn out (wolered out) so I think the whole base needs to be replaced??? Atleast that is what I have always done.

FRIEND HAD SAME PROBLEM ON DECK AND WE HAD TO CUT CARPET, REMOVE THE OLDER BASE, BUT A NEW BASE, AND IT FIT THE SAME SQUARE HOLE, SO THE CARPET GLUED RIGHT BACK DOWN AT THE VERY EDGE OF THE NEW BASE......LOOKS ALOT BETTER NOW BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!! THE SHAFT HOLE WAS WOLERED AND LOOSE AND WE HAD TO GET ALL NEW SCREWS TO SCREW DOWN WITH.......YOU MAY WANNA ALSO CONSIDER THOSE NICE LOOKING SILVER ROUND BISCUIT TYPE ONES THAT ARE 9 INCHES ROUND THAT GOES ON TOP OF THE CARPET, THEY LOOK GREAT TOO I THINK !!

Latest posts

Back