Seat Issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Parker

Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with the front and rear seats in my boat. The screws keep working themselves out and getting lost. These are the screws that attach the swivel base to the bottom of the seat.

I thought it was just me, but a buddie of mine has a new Skeeter and is having the same issue.

1. What is the best way to remedy this issue?

2. Are the screws a standard size and if so, where can I find them?

3. The screw holes have "wollered" out to where I can't seem to get the screws I didn't loose to tighten.

I don't think locktite will work without a snug fit of the screw and hole....I suggest you fill the holes with epoxy and run the screws in before it sets up.

Lamar

Loctite worked for me. However, your behind may exceed the Loctite load limit which would require you to use epoxy.

If the base of the seat is wood, try putting in a wooden dowel with wood glue. When that has dried then you can use stainless steel screws with Loctite or epoxy. :)

Barry from Louisiana

"Loctite worked for me. However, your behind may exceed the Loctite load limit which would require you to use epoxy."

Marty,

What exactly is the load limit for Loctite? I may have to ask my wife to stand all day :blink:

Bama Steve: There is not a woman walking the face of the Earth that I would say exceeded Loctite's load limit! Do you think I'm :wacko:? :lol:

Maybe not walking, but what about those you have to roll around town.....:lol:

Latest posts

Back